This position is for college students currently enrolled in an accredited college or university.
This temporary position is for college students interested in gaining valuable work experience and knowledge in the area of financial services. This position is responsible for providing superior customer service while processing transactionsand answering questions from existing and prospective customers, as well as identifying qualified referrals to other lines of business.
This position travels to multiple branch locations to fill critical staffing needs, which requires a high degree of flexibility during open hours of all branches in the region.
* Provide excellent customer experience
* Perform basic customer and cash transactions
* Balance cash each day
* Identify referral opportunities to contribute to branch goals
* Adhere to all applicable laws and regulations governing bank operations, including compliance with Union Bankshares' BSA/AML Policy and Procedures.
* Identify risk and escalate concerns through proper channels
* Develop and maintain knowledge of bank products, services, including other lines of business
* Ability to learn and adapt to changing digital channels
* Travel to branches according to business need
* Other duties as assigned
This position is supervised by branch leadership and reports to the Branch Manager of assigned home branch.
Education & Experience
* Must be at least 18 years old
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Current enrollment in an accredited college or university required
* Previous cash handling experience in a retail environment preferred
* Previous customer service experience required
* Must be available to work a 40 hour week with hours ranging between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday
Knowledge & Skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent math skills
* Basic computer skills
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills
* Must be able to function well with indirect supervision
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
No relocation/housing provided, local candidates strongly preferred
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Associated topics: greet, manner, retail sales, sales associates, sales management, sell, solicit, solitation, store, store associate