At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers financial needs.
It s an exciting time to be a part of Wells Fargo s Master & Reference Data team. This newly created position will help shape and transform Wells Fargo s enterprise data landscape. The Master & Reference Data Consultant will support and manage all testing efforts related to the implementation of data, processes and practices as it pertains to Enterprise Master Reference Data. In addition, the candidate will help and support the team with ongoing maintenance of the program including change management, data updates, support of requests from business partners, adherence to policies, and ongoing certifications.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Document testing requirements for each implementation, project and effort for the team
- Lead testing efforts for each implementation and document outcomes
- Ensure accurate testing and quality of each release
- Work with technology partners on all aspects of the testing cycle
- Partner with business partners to ensure alignment with key enterprise initiatives
- Partner and develop solid professional relationships with SMEs and other stakeholders throughout the company
- Act as stakeholder to data-related projects, including providing direction / approval of data sourcing activities
- Support the BAU/Operations team in requirements gathering, business process documentation and data quality and governance efforts areas as necessary
- Provide and maintain business metadata (business definitions, business rules, manual transformation, business controls, etc.) as necessary
- Act as primary engagement point for first and second line of defense reviews, audit, testing, etc.
- Executive level report out of status related to open work items, board level milestones, etc.
- Support DMS leadership in their various enterprise program roles
Other Desired Qualifications
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: finance, risk, or audit
- 3+ years experience in Data Governance
- 3+ years oversight & management experience in one or more risk areas (credit risk, counterparty, issuer, operational, compliance, third party, market, finance, treasury, or other risk areas).
- Experience with data management best practices and disciplines including data governance, data quality, analytics and BI, and data architecture
- Experience with enterprise data warehousing and technologies such as Hadoop, Teradata, Aster, and Oracle
- Experience with User-Acceptance Testing practices and disciplines
- Experience defining, documenting, and implementing policies, procedures and processes
- Experience performing analysis leveraging SQL or other techniques to extract data from data warehousing platforms
- Experience with all aspects of the software development life cycle including various documentation techniques, participating in testing activities, and developing metadata
- Prior experience working directly with regulators (OCC, FED, FDIC) and Internal Audit
- Experience working in a fast-paced ever evolving matrixed environment
- Strong ability to influence and create change
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IADisclaimer
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: business advisory, business analysis, business intelligence, business systems, business systems analyst, client, consultant, market, marketing, sap