This position is a night shift position.
The Pharmacy Ops Specialist, Associate provides pharmaceutical care to patients within the UPMC Health System by assisting with the sterile and nonsterile medication preparation, medication filling, and medication distribution. The Pharmacy Ops Specialist, Associate services are provided in compliance with Department of Health, The Joint Commission, and State Board of Pharmacy regulations.
* Create and evaluate policy, procedure, and training materials regarding operational workflow
* Demonstrate a service orientation in all interpersonal relations. Conveys a positive, professional image at all times.
* Develop and maintain a clean, organized, and adequately stocked work environment.
* Ensure that all medications in all areas have been safely and securely stored according to Department of Health, The Joint Commission, and State Board of Pharmacy regulations.
* Maintain all pertinent documentation as required per designated area of expertise
* Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions associated with the job.
* Perform assigned job responsibilities with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Provide and received information (via telephone, person-to-person, or written) to hospital personnel, patients and visitors. Refer all drug information questions to Staff Pharmacists.
* Take an active role in the training of fellow staff members in ones area of expertise.
* Use computer skills to process and document information as needed for Operations Specialist's designated area
* Completion of high school diploma or equivalent required OR Completion of an accredited Pharmacy Technician Program AND one of the following:
* Two years of previous pharmacy technician experience
* Enrollment in good standing as a pharmacy student
* Demonstrated competency in all detailed aspects of the Pharmacy Operations Specialists DESIGNATED area which includes (Inventory Control, Chemotherapy, Medication Safety, Automation, Information Technology..etc)
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
* Act 34 Criminal Clearance
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: antibody, diet, histology, industrial hygienist, injury, nephrology, physiology, toxicologist, transfection, trauma
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...