Pharmacy Assistant, Chartwell
Compensation: $113,830.00 - $153,620.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
The Pharmacy Assistant provides pharmaceutical care to patients within the UPMC Health System by primarily assisting with the organization, stocking, and distribution of medications while under the direct supervisor of a licensed pharmacist. The Pharmacy Assistant services are provided in compliance with Department of Health, The Joint Commission, and State Board of Pharmacy regulations.
* General: Provide and received information (via telephone, person-to-person, or written) to hospital personnel, patients and visitors. Refer all drug information questions to Staff Pharmacists.
* General: finalize sales using cash register, follow proper cash handling policies and procedures
* Distribution: Participate in the distribution of medication including medication cassettes, emergency medication carts and the delivery of controlled substances per department policy and state and federal requirements.
* Filling: Assist in the preparation of the proper oral medications for the correct patient for administration at the appropriate time. Use proper technique in the preparation of medications.
* General: Develop and maintain a clean, organized, and adequately stocked work environment.
* Filling: Assist in filling medication orders through correct labeling, counting and stocking practices. Initial and date products as required.
* General: Ensure that all medications in all areas have been safely and securely stored according to Department of Health, The Joint Commission, and State Board of Pharmacy regulations.
* General: Maintain all pertinent documentation as required. This includes eye wash logs, refrigerator logs, perpetual inventory logs etc.
* Distribution: Retrieve medications that have been discontinued and return (and credits if necessary) them to the appropriate pharmacy area
* General: comply with Federal and State laws such as HIPAA, regulations such as OSHA, and PBM contracting requirements such as FWA and CMS.
* General: Practice appropriate hand hygiene both in the pharmacy and in the units.
* Distribution: Develop and maintain positive and productive service relationship during medication distribution process.
* General: Use computer skills to process and maintain all patient information and records.
Completion of high school diploma or equivalent required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: antibody, biopharmaceutical, cytometry, diet, food, histotechnologist, medicine, microbiological, nephrology, nutritionist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...