- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- $57,245.00 -92,030.00/year*
4870 Forbes Ave
UPMC Corporate is seeking a full-time Legal Administrative Assistant to support the Corporate Legal Department at the US Steel Tower in Downtown Pittsburgh!
The Legal Administrative Assistant will perform complex administrative and legal secretarial duties, which are highly confidential and sensitive, for Senior Associate Counsel and Two Associate Counsel in the corporate legal department.
Duties include, but are not limited to, managing calendars for up to four attorneys, answering phones, organizing the department mail, assisting with unemployment compensation notifications, filing appeals, sending out litigation hold alerts, and other clerical functions.
The ideal candidate for this role with have familiarity with Human Resources tasks and policies, with any knowledge of Employment Law being a plus. Strong calendar management and Microsoft Office skills are highly preferred, as well as exceptional communication skills.
* Assist in composing, preparing, and assembling documentation for court filings, as well as monitoring hearing schedules.
* Assist other lawyers/legal administrative assistants, as necessary.
* Coordinate UPMC Unemployment Compensation program.
* Department phone coverage, as required.
* Establish, update, and maintain office files, logs, and other information in connection with the work under the control of the assigned attorneys.
* Exercise considerable judgment, initiative, and discretion in answering verbal and written communications with internal and external contacts, and providing information, within established guidelines.
* Handle details of a sensitive and confident nature, and performs administrative functions based on understanding of UPMC policy.
* Handle information requests from UPMC entities.
* Handle travel arrangements, including making airline/hotel reservations and arranging ground transportation.
* Process all registrations for seminars and business meetings.
* Manage a variety of administrative processes, including requisitions, expense reports, time sheets, and contact database management.
* Manage active calendars by organizing, coordinating, and making arrangements for meetings and conference calls (including making commitments for meetings or other engagements), and ensure no scheduling conflicts.
* Open, read, and route incoming mail and respond to correspondence.
* Perform administrative and complex clerical work.
* Prepare and assemble materials/documents for meetings, court appearances, and hearings.
* Process letters, reports, memorandum, and other correspondence of a complex, confidential, or sensitive nature.
* Routinely compose correspondence requiring knowledge of UPMC policies, procedures, and understanding of legal requirements.
* Receive and screen telephone calls; respond to e-mail inquiries.
* Relieve attorney of administrative type functions in order to increase the time an attorney has available corporate counsel responsibilities.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* College degree preferred.
* Three years of administrative and/or legal support experience.
* Basic legal terminology and syntax, and the content, organization, and format of legal documents and correspondence.
* Correct English usage, spelling, punctuation, and legal terminology.
* Organization and composition of business letters, minutes, reports, charts, and numerical and tabular materials.
* Techniques of receiving callers, making appointments, giving information, and explaining instructions and guidelines.
* Organization and maintenance of filing systems.
* Office practices, procedures, machines, and equipment.
* Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with all organizational levels, and to work independently on responsible and confidential assignments.
* Ability to compose correspondence and reports.
* Ability to follow complex instructions.
* Ability to interpret instructions and guidelines in order to make decisions and take necessary action.
* Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations occurring as a result of workloads and/or deadlines.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Ability to use diplomacy and discretion in giving out information and in referring and directing callers and visits.
* Ability to determine work priorities.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...