- Tufts University
37 Town Farm Rd
This position is located in Woodstock, CT.
The Department of Environmental and Population Health (DEPH) is the academic home for the Tufts Ambulatory Service, Laboratory Animal Medicine Service, Cummings School Farm and the Corporate Research Program. DEPH promotes the health and well-being of farm and laboratory animals through environmentally appropriate husbandry, and population based preventive medical practices and therapies. By modeling evidence-based animal and veterinary care and advising animal caretakers of those principles, we enhance the viability of farms, stables, and laboratory animal facilities while providing students with practical experience and knowledge. We train professional and graduate students in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease for agricultural and research animals.
The Tufts Veterinary Field Service is the largest mobile large animal practice in the Northeast. The ten veterinarians in the section make approximately 4,000 farm calls per year, and tend to over 35,000 cows, 2,000 horses, 700 sheep, 700 goats, and 800 llamas or alpacas. The Farm maintains teaching and production programs for swine, cattle, sheep and poultry. The AAALAC-accredited Laboratory Animal Medicine Service supports animal-based research for several species on behalf of faculty and external clinical and discovery programs dedicated to the understanding, prevention and treatment of disease.
Manage a complex and frequently changing schedule for a busy multi-species and multi-disciplinary ambulatory practice of 10 veterinarians. Be a crucial team member to provide excellent client service to our clientele and high quality administrative support and services to our staff, faculty and students. Provide general administrative support for business functions as required.
* High School Diploma/GED and 2-4 years' of administrative and practical experience in animal agriculture, veterinary or medical practice required.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both in person and by telephone.
* Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities within a busy clinical environment.
* Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy in carrying out job duties is required.
* Proficiency with standard office and business software, including MS Office suite. Ability to master practice management and scheduling software (Impromed)
* Ability to effectively work as a member of a diverse team of Veterinarians, Staff and rotating Students.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation.
AA/AS degree in Animal Science or Veterinary Technology preferred with 1-3 years related experience.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Irregular hours, including late or early days, occasional weekends or holiday work, or altered schedule may be required.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
Associated topics: account executive, client service, customer, outside sales, outside sales representative, public relations, public relations specialist, sales, service representative, services manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...