Hospital Services Representative (HSR)-Full Time
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
- $18.00 per hour
- FT- Weekends Required
Shipping and receiving blood orders for Hospitals
- Monitors and handles temperature excursions of blood storage units
- Coordinates delivery and pick up of blood to hospitals
Handles Import and export of blood products
24/7 operation.Able to work flexible schedule to meet company needs
Must be 21 years of age and have a CA driver's license in good standing
- Customer Service and computer experience a plus
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Hospital Services, in accordance with published procedures, following all appropriate state and federal regulations the Hospital Services Representative (HSR) staff person assists in coordinating the daily distribution of blood and blood components and transporting blood and blood components to and from various locations (e.g., hospitals, satellite centers, mobiles). The HSR assists with general inventory management and is one of the main points of contact between the hospital blood banks and the San Diego Blood Bank. The HSR is also required to adhere to quality assurance guidelines and good manufacturing practices.
- Must demonstrate and uphold the San Diego Blood Bank's Standards.
- Receives and fills orders for blood and blood components from hospitals.
- Drives San Diego Blood Bank delivery vehicles.
- Performs daily vehicle preventative maintenance inspections and performs routine service. (For example, change / add vehicle fluids).
- Performs the duties of bloodmobile drivers (provided all required training / licenses have been obtained).
- Maintains a neat and clean vehicle.
- Maintains and completes applicable paperwork, checklists and logs.
- Maintains a neat, clean and organized Hospital Services Department.
- Filing / digital scanning of Hospital Services Paperwork.
- Directs the activities of the route drivers, contract couriers and any other personnel assigned to perform logistical support for the San Diego Blood Bank.
- Delivers and picks-up blood and blood components and or mail / supplies from various locations (e.g., hospitals, satellite centers, bloodmobiles, Post Office).
- Directs or performs the delivery and pick-ups of passengers and cargo as required or directed.
- Imports and exports blood and blood components to / from hospitals and blood banks outside of our normal services area.
- Evaluates available reports to determine how to best distribute scarce blood resources.
- Ensures that blood and blood components in 'Available Inventory' are properly stored, maintained, organized and inventoried.
- Calculates shipment cost, creates shipping invoice and receives checks for COD Hospital Customers.
- Investigates temperature monitoring events and takes appropriate action.
- Must be able to demonstrate core competency of the position.
- Must adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Must adhere to quality assurance guidelines and good manufacturing practices.
- Responsible for the safe handling and transporting of blood products.
- Responsible for taking appropriate action when notified about Security breach at SDBB or our Satellite centers.
- Understands and adheres to the policies, procedures and standards developed as part of the San Diego Blood Bank Compliance Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- Distribution / warehouse environment that is well-lit and ventilated. Variable temperatures when working in walk-in refrigerators / freezers.
- Extensive interactions with employees, customers and the public.
- Drive a suitable, well maintained vehicle on paved streets and highways in various traffic and weather conditions.
- Various temperature and lighting conditions encountered when making pick-ups and deliveries at satellite centers, mobiles and hospitals.
- Medium to heavy lifting required, up to 60 lbs.
- Standing, sitting, bending, pushing, pulling is also required.
- Must be able to climb in and out of various San Diego Blood Bank vehicles.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours), while performing computer work.
- Computer, printer, automated voice mail system, calculator, fax machine, telephone, refrigerators, freezers, incubators, dry ice containers, wet ice machine, laminating machine, operating various San Diego Blood Bank vehicles.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- One year of Hospital Services experience preferred.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Operating Systems and MS Office Software (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel) is preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The San Diego Blood Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Loading some great jobs for you...