Compensation: $56,670.00 - $168,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Law Enforcement
Loading some great jobs for you...
QVC's CREWS Department has exciting opportunities for qualified individuals to become a FULL TIME Security Coordinator at our West Chester, PA Global Headquarters.
Under the general supervision of the Security Manager, and the general work direction of the Security Supervisor, perform a variety of security-related activities to ensure the safety and security of company property and employees at our Global Headquarters in West Chester, PA.
1st shift: 7:30am - 3:30pm
2nd shift: 3:30pm - 11:30pm
MUST BE LOCATED WITHIN A COMMUTABLE DISTANCE TO WEST CHESTER, PA FOR CONSIDERATON.
Job Description Details
Some responsibilities include:
* Greet and register all guests to the building. Issue guest badges. Call receiving department to notify them of the arrival and ensures the guest waits in the lobby for an escort from the appropriate department.
* Greet and check all regular and contract employees entering the building for identification badges, either visually or by monitoring the access control system. Issue temporary passes for employees who enter the building without their badges.
* Patrol the building looking for security incidents, safety and fire hazards, unsecured areas, and unauthorized persons. Patrol parking areas looking for disabled vehicles, illegally parked vehicles, persons in need of assistance, unauthorized persons, and safety hazards. Provide assistance as necessary (escorts, jump dead batteries, change flat tires). Issue parking violation notices to illegally parked vehicles.
* Rotate through the various security posts, lobby desks, floor patrol, control center monitors, jewelry scanning area, loading docks, etc., in accordance with the established schedule.
* Complete detailed security incident reports for all events occurring on shift.
* Operate sophisticated security equipment and systems: Integrated Security/Card Access/CCTV systems; PC-Based Fire Alarm Systems; PC-Based Precious Metals Detection Systems; QVC Intranet-based Guest Registration System; Matrixed radio communications console for all QVC radio transmitters; Share point based Security Applications; Incident Reports; Daily Security Logs Property Tracers; QVC Core Database; On-Line Security Procedures Manual.
* Operate the company switchboard and transfer calls to the appropriate departments/personnel. Obtain updated employee listings to ensure telephone numbers are current. Assist callers with general information, takes and relays messages as necessary.
* Work special event security details, provide security for on-air personalities and celebrities.
* Respond to emergency situations in accordance with department policies and procedures. Perform First Aid, CPR, and operate Automatic External Defibrillation equipment in the event of cardiac arrest. Notify Supervisor and/or Health and Safety of medical emergencies to ensure occupational injury reports are completed. May drive injured employees to the hospital and/or call an ambulance as the situation warrants.
* Other business related duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's or Associate's degree in criminal justice, a related area, a combination of background/experience or the equivalent by a recognized Police and/or Fire Academy is strongly preferred.
* 3-5 years recent and directly related security/guard experience.
* Valid Driver's license.
* Maintain attendance as defined by company policy.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
* Ability to operate company vehicle to transport items and employees.
* Ability to differentiate between legal and illegal activities.
* Ability to view security tapes/cameras and identify images/movements.
* Ability to lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
* Required to get a Hepatitis B vaccine (or sign a waiver of refusal).
* Ability to successfully complete the American Red Cross or AHA First Aid and CPR course.
* Successful result of a security background check.
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at ...@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Associated topics: alarm, casino, guard, loss control, loss prevention, metal detection, monitor, security officer, surveillance, watchman
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...