Intern - Digital Content Design - Spring 2020
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job Description Details
* Collaborate with ecommerce/emarketing business partners to understand the broad goals of each assigned category; Research assigned projects and brainstorms / sketches / storyboards ideas
* Ensure work is delivered on time for scheduled migrations and review success metrics after projects are launched... Participates in follow-up sessions to understand success metrics and whether or not the project achieved the desired goals.
* Utilize photography, graphic design principles including typography, color, and composition to create impactful digital design solutions that effectively communicate the sales/marketing strategy and lead the customer to a desired action.
* Produce design and production assets for websites, apps, product graphics, web logos, social media graphics, static and rich banner ads, email campaigns, and email templates.
* Directs photography that will be incorporated into designed assets; photography should be aligned to the business-provided list of selling features and strategies; Oversee or execute necessary retouching.
* Present designs and concepts to department staff, senior leaders, and business partners ensuring that business strategy and appropriate look and feel are accurately represented within a compelling design.
* Working towards a degree in graphic design, UI design, electronic media design, or similar field or equivalent amount of related experience
* Some experience in designing for digital platforms-websites, apps, email, banner ads, social, etc.
* Understanding of responsive design principles
* Mid-level status in Adobe Creative Cloud especially Photoshop; Competent status in InDesign, Illustrator
* Understanding of CSS, HTML, AEM (Adobe Experience Manager), Scene 7, and other emerging platforms as the business evolves (Sketch for example)
* Balances creative and conceptual thinking with strong human-centered design sense
* Solid understanding of web browsers and the constraints of designing for online media
* Understanding of graphic design, color, composition, typography, and layout
* Expertise in preparing design files for production and development; understands and uses appropriate naming conventions for projects, artwork, and photography
* Self-educates on the latest trends and technology related to digital design
* Highly detail oriented and committed to excellence
* Innate curiosity; naturally wired to explore solutions on a path to the best answer
* Strong collaborator; ability to work well within a team and across departments
* Strong verbal and written skills
* Good organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with ever-changing priorities and demands
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at ...@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Associated topics: intern, internship, semester, trainee
Loading some great jobs for you...