- $45,415.00 -64,230.00/year*
4870 Forbes Ave
$25.68 after prob and w/ cert
Position performs diagnostic and repair work, including scheduled preventative maintenance and necessary repairs to automobiles, trucks (light, medium, and heavy commercial/DOT-regulated vehicles), vans and forklifts. Position works with a high degree of independence. Position also requires a number of physical movements including lifting, pinching, bending, reaching, climbing, and manipulating and handling objects. This position requires that you have your own basic hand tools; diagnostic, ergonomic, and high-tech equipment will be provided. Due to the scope and variety of Pepsi's fleet, our department includes a variety of positions and job opportunities, ranging from entry-level to master technicians; 3-5 years of relevant work experience are required for this experienced-level position. We provide extensive training and continuous education to continue your career development.
* Diagnose failures of vehicles and disassemble, repair and reassemble parts as necessary
* Computer-based diagnostics; interface with modern truck interfaces
* Basic computer use (email and web browser)
* Adherence to DOT regulations
* Perform preventative maintenance on vehicles
* Answer road calls
* Maintain vehicle records as required
* Maintain and repair fleet equipment
* Fill out all necessary documents
* Maintain records such as daily check list (pre-trip inspection)
* Must submit to a drug screen
* Pass the background check
* Commercial Driver's License: Class A CDL
* Able to lift up to 50 pounds (with or without an accommodation)
* Able to reach, lift, carry, push and pull (with or without an accommodation)
* Able to speak English
* Previous experience working under limited supervision (performing work on your own, working remotely from direct supervisor)
* Previous experience working outdoors (making road calls, responding to breakdowns, working in outside parking lots)
* Previous experience maintaining manufacturing standards (up to date with the latest technology, experience with electronics, etc.)
* Previous experience driving trucks requiring a Class A or B CDL (e.g., road testing trucks, moving trucks in and out of shop)
* Previous experience with shift work (being on-call, 24/7 availability, 2nd/3rd shift work, flexible work weeks)
* Previous experience with heavy truck repair (tractor-trailers, brakes, tires, engines, 10 bays to 18 wheelers)
* Previous experience with light truck repair (trucks, vans, support vehicles)
* Previous experience using shop tools (engine hoists, welding, changing tires, small tools)
* Previous experience with diesel engines (certified on diesel engines, warranty certification from manufacturers)
* Previous experience with preventative maintenance programs and activities (following schedules for oil changes, documentation of work completed, tracking miles and usage hours, identifying and repairing defects)
* Previous experience with gas engine repair
* Working knowledge of hydraulic and air brake systems
* Knowledge of internal combustible engines
* Previous experience repairing forklifts (e.g., repairing propane fuel systems, hydraulic systems, pallet jacks, etc.)
* Previous experience working with computer instrumentation (e.g., using desktop computers, hand-held computers, laptop computers, performing diagnostics with computers, conducting preventative maintenance, executing work orders, etc.)
* Formal schooling in technical industry (e.g., certification program, military training, technical/community college)
* Completion of ASE or Manufacturers certifications
** Candidates will receive full rate after 60 day probation & having CDL A license & Class 7 inspection license.
**Sign-on bonus paid out after 6 months.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy .
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement
Job Ref: 100#######6700
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...