Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
General Summary Statement
Desktop Support Technicians support the installation, configuring, and resolving conflicts among different hardware used in the network, such as PCs, printers, scanners, and network adapters. Identifies problems common to components of the network, such as cards, cables and other related hardware. Works in conjunction with Network Engineers to support company-wide communication needs. Troubleshoots network usage and peripheral issues, supports help desk analysts, resolves connectivity issues, and maintains data and telecommunication connections. Assists in the establishment of processes and standards to ensure efficiencies and effectiveness of IT resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide desktop technical support in a Microsoft Windows environment
• Resolve hardware, software and network issues as required
• Resolve printer issues as required
• Proactively seeks improvements in customer service and system availability/reliability
• Assists in the establishment of processes and standards to ensure efficiencies and effectiveness of IT resources
• Strong interpersonal and communications working with team members, other departments and external customers on occasion.
• 7x24 on-call rotation for support of production systems. (approx 1 weekend/mo)
• Under the guidance of IT representatives, duties may include some or all of the following: receiving assets, moving equipment within and/or between facilities, staging equipment for build/image activity, interviewing clients as part of pre-deployment asset discovery, executing equipment replacement activity, updating asset management system to reflect work performed, monitoring daily activity, installing and maintaining PC hardware and software, troubleshooting network usage and computer peripherals, resolve network communication problems independently, e-mail administration, , other administrative duties
• Manage incoming and outgoing assets. Prepare systems for deployment
• Scan existing asset for applications and settings
• Interview clients to identify special considerations and other settings
• Use tools to execute PC activity
• Collaborate with teammates to identify process improvements
• Escalate quickly when issues arise. Assist other Technicians as needed
• Enforces the CCH network security and installation procedures.
• Provides technical support to network users and must be able to help nontechnical people understand and use complex equipment and software
Education Training and Experience
• Associate's degree with at least two years of coursework in computer sciences.
• Minimum 2 years' experience with PC support, including deployment
• Minimum 2 years experience with PC hardware troubleshooting and repair on desktops and laptops.
• Minimum 1 year experience with direct client interaction. Must have an excellent attitude and customer service skills.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Adaptable to change in process or required activities
• Attention to detail
• Quick learner
• Professional appearance and behavior, including punctuality
• Knowledge and familiarity with MS Active Directory environment including ability to manage AD objects (User and Workstation) - i.e. reset user passwords, add/remove workstation, modify AD description)
• In addition to technical expertise, you must to excel in verbal and written communication and to have good interpersonal skills.
The CCH network includes system installations at multiple remote sites. This requires the use of a personal or CCH vehicle while conducting Hospital business therefore must possess a valid (Class C) driver's license, and an acceptable driving record.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law. - provided by Dice
Loading some great jobs for you...