Since 1851, MassMutual's commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We're people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we're stronger. Description Job Description
At MassMutual, we're passionate about helping millions of people find financial freedom and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experiences for our customers. The Cloud Operation team part of MassMutual's Customer Experience organization, is comprised of highly skilled, collaborative, problem solvers who are motivated to create innovative solutions that exceed the changing needs of our customers and move MassMutual - and the industry - forward.
To continue our cutting-edge work, we are hiring a Cloud Operations Engineer to join our team.What great looks like in this role
The ideal candidate will work hand in hand with our development teams to develop or modify moderately complex software programming applications. Strive to innovate, build and improve existing infrastructure and new required additions. Assist with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation of programs. Applications generally deal with utility programs, position control language, macros, subroutines, and other control modules. Competent to work on the most phases of software systems programming applications. Receive general supervision, guidance from team and expected to work on own most of time.Objectives of this role
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Assist with design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation of programs.
- Implement enhancements to the company's digital and data infrastructure, supporting internal customer's operational needs.
- Operate AWS cloud-based infrastructure systems to support continuous delivery and integration pipelines (Docker, Docker Swarm, and Jenkins. Kubernetes).
- Operate infrastructure systems to support enterprise data science and analytics capabilities, including streaming and real-time analytics (Kafka, Spark Streaming, and Snowplow).
- Build automation tools & scripts to help operational requirements
- Additional demand to support internal customers for SRE/DevOps work effort
- On call rotation for supporting infrastructure related issues
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1-3 years' experience in software development and/or engineering roles.
- Prior experience with Linux, troubleshooting and coding/scripting using high-level languages (i.e. Python, Java, Scala, Go).
- Prior experience with AWS or Google or Azure cloud infrastructure automation and DevOps workflows.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills through engineering solutions and open source tools.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
- A passion for automation and building self-healing resilient systems
- Self-starter who isn't afraid to fail and learn
- Willingness to collaborate and iterate with team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working on multiple tasks in an agile mode
- Enjoys a fast paced work environment with the latest technologies
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE 500 Ranking (FORTUNE Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.CORE VALUESFocus on the Customer:
We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.Act with Integrity:
We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.Value People:
We respect and learn from each other's diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.Work Collaboratively:
We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.Achieve Results:
We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better - everyone, every day.
For more information, visit or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
Associated topics: assistant, client support, customer support, desk, edi, help desk, information technology support, support, technical support, technical support specialist
Associated topics: assistant, customer support, help desk, information technology support, msword, support, system support, technical support, technical support specialist, troubleshoot