Reports to the assistant facility administrator. Directly supervises the shift supervisors, assistant shift supervisors, and security officers. Performs complex work supervising the care and custody of clients. Directs the activities of staff engaged in maintaining order and discipline in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Texas Civil Commitment Office (TCCO) directives.
- Direct overall supervision of correctional officers and clients; supervises schedules, instructs, trains, and ensures the safety of assigned employees and clients; and assists in formulating security and work procedures.
- Supervise and direct searches for contraband; counts, feeds, and supervises clients in housing, work, and other areas.
- Supervise and provide custody and security of clients including observing actions of clients performing pat and strip searches of clients, restraining and securing sometimes combative clients, and transferring and transporting clients by walking, driving, or riding in various vehicles.
- Supervise and provide security of clients performing technical skills such as construction, maintenance, laundry, and food service, which involves working outdoors and indoors.
- Respond to emergencies including: climbing stairs, steps, and ladders while searching for escaped clients, hearing calls for and calling for help, giving first aid at the emergency site, carrying an injured or unconscious client or employee various distances to safety up or down stairs, steps, and ladders; and use force and deadly force to include the use of chemical agents and firearms to control clients.
- Read, review, and properly apply information found in client records which is related to the client's health and safety and to the security of the facility; provide appropriate information to other staff; comply with all policies, procedures, rules, and regulations; enforces client disciplinary rules; and supervise the preparation and maintenance of records, forms, and reports.
- Conduct major disciplinary hearings.
- Act as the security director as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, clients and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. Two (2) years full-time, wage-earning correctional custody to include one (1) years in the supervision of employees. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Upon hire applicant must successfully complete required pre-service and annual training requirements. Must successfully pass an annual background check.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Associated topics: alarm, casino, explosive detection, guard, patrol officer, public safety officer, safety report, secure, surveillance, university