Reports to the OA manager. Responsible for direct screening and recruitment of potential students for enrollment in Job Corps, in compliance with government and management directives.
1. Conduct innovative outreach activities with public service agencies, community organizations, schools and individuals who might refer eligible candidates to the Job Corps program.
2. Interview interested candidates and obtain pertinent information on each one.
3. Prepare documentation on potential students and review with the center as applicable or necessary.
4. Maintain monthly goals established by the PRH and management.
5. Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
6. Arrange for and assist in providing pre enrollment orientation; schedule tours of the center.
7. Prepare necessary and required reports related to the outreach.
8. Assist in the development of new and revised policies and procedures affecting student recruitment.
9. Create network with youth development agencies, one-stop agencies, churches and community organizations to provide a wide-base for recruiting of potential students.
10. Introduce labor market information to help with the career transition period process and analyze career paths in local labor market.
11. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
12. Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps’ Zero Tolerance Policy.
13. Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
14. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements :
Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or Associate’s degree and two years related experience required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer proficiency also required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...