Information Security Engineer
Compensation: $69,383.33 - $168,710.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Location: Columbus, OH Description
The Data Protection Cryptographic Services Engineer assists in the implementation, configuration, and monitoring of cryptographic technologies solutions for Huntington National Bank (HNB). A Cryptographic Services Engineer strives to enforce security best practices, policies, standards and guidance to ensure the safeguard of HCA's proprietary data, physical infrastructure and resources from internal and external threats through the implementation of cryptographic and encryption related technologies. The Cryptographic Services Engineer is required to maintain an understanding of services provided by HNB and develop relationships throughout the organization to assist Information Security in accomplishing its goals for the company. This should be a dynamic individual with advanced knowledge of the methodologies and best practices for the development, maintenance, and implementation of an enterprise DLP program. The ideal candidate has outstanding analytical skills, the ability to perform root cause analysis, a high level of initiative, creativity, and motivation, and outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and delivery of comprehensive key management, certificate management & encryption technologies, including work estimation and consultative validation of technical feasibility and principles, in coordination with defined enterprise goals.
- Collaborate with senior engineers and managers to assist stakeholders capture initial and ongoing key management and encryption policy requirements, assist in the development and testing of these policies, and implement these successfully into the production environment.
- Perform ongoing review and analysis of cryptographic frameworks and remediation workflows
- Assist stakeholder with technical support as required to ensure cryptographic/key management/encryption standards, operations, and technology are implemented properly within organizational standards and industry best practices
- Prepare documentation for cryptographic policies, system configuration, procedures, and ongoing security incidents.
- Create and maintain operations, management, and ad hoc reports to monitor the performance of the cryptographic/encryption technologies
- Provide guidance using specialized knowledge and toolsets to operational teams during enterprise wide crisis scenarios, e.g. large-scale production service outages, outside of the routine change management process.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Min 5 years of experience in Information Security Engineering
- Experience with cryptographic related tools and hardware (Certificate Management tools, Active Directory Certificate Services, Hardware Security Modules)
- Experience with KMIP/TCPIP/UDP/ICMP
- Comprehensive knowledge of the OSI Reference Model
- Windows / Linux / UNIX operating systems
- Experience with Networking components (routers, switches, load balancers, wireless access points, etc.)
- General understanding of routing protocols (BGP / OSPF)
- General understanding of firewalls, proxies, mail servers and web servers
- Experience with operational support for operating systems, applications and networks
- Advanced knowledge of client/server relationships
- Experience with vulnerability assessments
- Experienced in the use cases of encryption algorithms and ciphers (PKI/SSL)
- Experience with Virtual Private Networking
- Comprehensive knowledge of multi-tier environments
- Experience in automation and scripting of applications and systems
- Experience with event and log correlation
- 7x24 on-call support rotation may be required
- Occasional travel may be required (<10%)
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington's Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position
Associated topics: cybersecurity, identity access management, iam, information assurance, information security, leak, malicious, security analyst, security engineer, security officer
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...