DMI, the world s first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, IoT and big data analytics, and secure device and app management. The company s unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U. S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with satellite offices around the world. The company was named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in the Washington, DC area by The Washington Post and received Inc. Magazine s Hire Power Award as one of the top 100 Private Job Creators in the US. Additional information is available at www. dminc. com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
About the Opportunity
DMI's Digital Commerce Group is seeking an experienced
to join their growing team! In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing our Production Support engineering team and responding to incidents our clients experience with their sites running on the Oracle Commerce platform. The Technical Lead works with all developers to ensure the optimum technical solution is implemented in the development of new and existing applications and to quickly resolve production issues. He or she also reviews and contributes to design, prepares technical documentation deliverables, enforces coding and design standards, and provides technical support to the team. The Technical Lead must also work collaboratively with client staff to validate incidents, design approaches, and help in troubleshooting systems issues, as needed.
- Provide technical leadership to our Oracle Commerce production support team to triage, resolve, and conduct RCA on Sev 1 and Sev 2 incidents that our clients sites experience
- Understand client implementations thoroughly in order to diagnose site issues and respond rapidly with solutions
- Interpret technical designs for implementations, or review those created by team members, to deduce why production issues may be occurring
- For issues that require coding changes, develop and oversee technical development that is in line with our established architecture, technical designs, and development standards
- Oversee the team of Production Support engineers, both in the U. S. and globally, to ensure they are familiar with best practices for support delivery and following team protocols
- Act as the primary technical contact for our clients technical teams during and following site issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of demonstrated technical leadership through large scale implementations of ATG/Oracle Commerce within the ecommerce domain
- Expertise in Java/J2EE ecommerce applications
- Strong skills in investigating and diagnosing issues in time-critical situations
- Strong skills in integrating, deploying, and configuring application servers
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt technology to develop solid client solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of the following technologies and how to use them to build Web applications:
- Database (preferably Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access)
- Java and object-oriented programming
- J2EE application servers (Jboss, Weblogic)
- Web servers
- Previous success as a technical lead on complex Oracle Commerce projects
- Ability to follow established coding standards and ensure implementation team members do the same
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, relying on experience, research, and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned goals
- Ability to quickly diagnose the cause of client site incidents and direct yourself and/or a team to respond
- Experience with technical project documentation
- Ability to build rapport with team members and clients
- Effective communication in English, with good verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Familiarity with ZenDesk and Google Drives a plus
No Physical Requirements
Location: Burlington MA, Reston VA, Pittsburgh PA
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help meet various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
- Community Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development Annual performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability. DMI maintains a drug-free workplace.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.