Employment Type: Full-Time
POSITION: Project Engineer
COMANCO has an excellent career opportunity for a Project Engineer! Our construction management team is looking for a self-driven and energetic Project Engineer: someone who wants to work for an established and successful nationwide construction company, going above and beyond in their position to help COMANCO meet its business goals.
We offer an energizing and challenging work environment, training, growth opportunities, and excellent benefits. The COMANCO Project Engineer will work in a team environment, receivingon-going support, guidance, and training from dedicated Project Managers.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- quickly learn COMANCO systems and processes and respect the established procedures
- build productive and long-lasting relationships with our clients and vendors
- enjoy working in a high-energy and fast-paced business environment
- have the desire to succeed and learn about theenvironmental construction industry
- be willing to travel
Successful Project Engineer must be a quick learner and have excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with clients, vendors, inspectors, and co-workers at the various levels in the organization (office, fleet, and field construction employees, Superintendents, Project Managers, Vice-Presidents, and the owner).
COMANCO Project Engineer supports Project Managers and Estimators by performing engineering functions as they relate to the construction of projects and estimating. A successful Project Engineer utilizes technology to be pro-active and performs his/her duties accurately and timely. The COMANCO Project Engineer promotes the COMANCO brand: Safety, Quality, and Service by delivering the results safely, on schedule and exceeding expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safety assist PM and project personnel in running projects in a safe manner. Assist with requesting proper safety equipment for the job.
- When requested by a PM, attend pre-job planning meetings, attaining understanding of the project scope.
- Compileandprovide a detailed job book, complete with specs, plans, and forms to the project Superintendent.
- When requested by a PM, attend the pre-construction and project progress meetings.
- Update CRM bid log to reflect accurate data on bid progress.
- Create and maintain a document control system that includes logging, tracking and reporting for shop drawings and RFI's.
- Assist with project buy-out and preparation of COMANCO Purchase orders and subcontracts.
- Assist with creating and issuing sub-contracts for all sub-contractors performing any work on COMANCO job sites. Request COI and W/C insurance certificates from sub-contractors and verify that they are current.
- Setup and maintain submittal log files to include logging and tracking.
- Process shop drawings to include logging, tracking, processing, mailing, and reporting.
- Assist PM with tracking the delivery of materials and the work of sub-contractors.
- Assist in preparation of draw requests and/or customer billings.
- As directed by the PM, invoice customer on a frequency that maximizes project cash flow.
- Follow up andconfirm customer payments are received when due.
- Review A/P invoices and ensure that COMANCO has been properly invoiced for materials received.
- Verify that labor, equipment, and expenses are coded to the proper phase of the project.
- Assist estimating in specification reviews, estimate set-up, materials take-offs, materials requests, and subcontractor quotes.
- Assist with panel layout and construction schedules.
- Actively seek ways to increase productivity and reduce costs to increase project profitability: the goal is for the project to be completed realizing at least the estimated gross profit margin.
- Assist with project closeout: as requested, put together and review project close-out documents, such as warranty, QC documentation, as-builts, waivers, bond requirements, and operations manuals.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A 4-year degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Business, Accounting or a combination of related coursework and experience is required.
- Prior estimating and/or construction management experience is preferred. Knowledge of estimating, scheduling, and project management software.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, a Project Engineer needs to be proficient in using Internet, Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word and Project Management software such as: Microsoft Project, Spectrum, Heavy Job and Heavy Bid.
COMANCO offers a competitive compensation and benefits program, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Short-term disability plan paid by COMANCO
- Long-term disability plan
- Basic Life insurance paid by COMANCO
- Voluntary life insurance for employees and their dependents
- Voluntary Accident and Critical Illness Coverage
- Premium Only Plan - Section 125
- 401(k) Plan and Company Matching Funds
- Vacation pay and Holiday Pay
- Employee Referral Award
- Anniversary Recognition Program
- Wellness Program with incentives and rewards
- Professional Development Program and Training
COMANCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...