The basic purpose of this position is to oversee the activities and workflow within the Label Control department on a daily basis, to provide technical support, maintain compliance to internal procedures and external regulations, such as CFR 9 & 21. In addition the Team Leader will maintain training within the department to assure compliance with all company policies. The Team Leader will also support coaching and development to support the corporate business plan and individual's MAG plan.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Supervision of daily activities of the Label Control department.
* Planning and prioritization of the Label Control workload.
* Keep updated and train personnel in scientific principles, time management, GMP's, technical requirements, and all other policies and regulations governing the production of assigned product.
* Supervision and maintenance of compliance to all internal and external policies, procedures and regulations as well as maintaining the 'audit ready' status of Label Control at all times.
* Internal and external customer support and service.
* Communicate to management the progress of the department, problems, employee actions, new ideas, and all other pertinent information.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Investigation and root cause analysis (RCA) of any discrepancies, including corrective and preventive action.
* Development and maintenance of departmental procedures.
* Administration of company policies and safety programs and understanding and enforcing terms of the union contract.
* Bachelor's degree in related discipline or minimum of five (5) years' experience in related industry, supervisory role, or Associate's degree plus two (2) years' experience in related industry.
* Internal Accountability
* Market Urgency
* Interdepartmental/external interfaces
* Strong verbal and written communication, coaching, organization and teamwork skills.
* Demonstrate leadership ability and aptitude to train and utilize workers in a multi-faceted environment.
* Computer Applications - MS Suite; TrackWise; Idea for Con; MAPICS, SAP -- preferred
Desired Experience, Skills and Abilities:
* Experience in a BIO/Pharmaceutical Label Control or highly regulated operation preferred.
* SAP experience highly desirable.
* Labeling Printer Experience.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
* Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
* Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines. Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations. At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc., Roxane Laboratories Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. Ben Venue Laboratories Inc. and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Person with a Disability
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment background investigations and drug screenings.
Associated topics: carton, fold, insert, inserter, label, mail, mail room, pack, packaging operator, paperboard