BioScrip, Inc. is the largest independent national provider of infusion and home care management solutions, with approximately 2,100 teammates and nearly 70 service locations across the U.S. BioScrip partners with physicians, hospital systems, payors, pharmaceutical manufacturers and skilled nursing facilities to provide patients access to post-acute care services. BioScrip operates with a commitment to bring customer-focused pharmacy and related healthcare infusion therapy services into the home or alternate-site setting. By collaborating with the full spectrum of healthcare professionals and the patient, BioScrip provides cost-effective care that is driven by clinical excellence, customer service, and values that promote positive outcomes and an enhanced quality of life for those it serves. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) Retirement Savings.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are currently seeking a Warehouse Technician to join our team.
Monday - Friday; 1st Shift.
This position is responsible for facilitating efficient and timely delivery of medication and supplies to patient homes, ambulatory infusion suite or other site of service. Assists with receiving and stocking inbound shipments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Follows up on delivery exceptions daily. Works with UPS Strategic Support Team to resolve delivery issues. Responds to customer inquiries regarding delivery.
* Develops positive working rapport with courier service where applicable. Understands their operations regarding response time, delivery protocol, after hours service, compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations as well as HIPAA and ACHC.
* When applicable, maintains assigned vehicle in a clean and orderly condition, both inside and outside; informs supervisor of mechanical problems. Develops alternate delivery plan in the event of emergency breakdowns.
* Coordinates with customer service and Pharmacy to facilitate timely processing of delivery tickets and compounding documents. Assures most cost effective method of delivery is utilized. Tracks and trends lead time for delivery tickets.
* Coordinates with Pharmacy Technicians to prioritize mix schedule to create efficient deliveries and meet time commitments.
* Utilizes delivery/warehouse best practices. Maintains safe work environment and practices.
* Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager.
* Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach outward, and handle/finger.
* The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder, climb, crawl, squat, kneel and bend.
* The employee may be required to push/pull 10lbs or less and occasionally push/pull up to 50lbs.
* The employee is occasionally required to operate warehouse equipment for safe handling of materials. This includes, but is not limited to, hand truck, pallet jack, flat cart and portable ladder stairs.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office/warehouse work environment.
* May occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent required; associate's degree preferred. One (1) year experience in Warehouse/Distribution/Inventory and Healthcare preferred. Must have valid driver's license and maintain a driving record which meets company's standards and must have auto insurance in effect at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Knowledge of geography serviced by the Pharmacy, traffic patterns and drive times.
* Detailed understanding of all UPS service options and delivery time commitments.
* Knowledge of accreditation standards and requirement.
* Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with branch departments.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret operational logistics functions appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts and contribute toward valid conclusions.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Associated topics: coordinator, dock c, dockworker, entry level, forklift, logistics operation, logistics support, stocker, unloading, warehouseman