Bergmann is looking to hire a Project Manager in our Water Resources NE Infrastructure group! This position can be located in several areas, as noted by the requisition. A Professional license (PE) is required for this role.
Purpose of Position:
To lead, oversee, supervise, and coordinate project activities for assigned project through all phases
The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing:
* Ensure the success of the projects under his/her management (including planning, quality assurance, deadlines, and financial aspects/collections) and the substantial quality of the firm s services
* Establish business relationships to expand geographic presence for organization in Central and Southern NYS
* Handle all aspects of a project, including proposal, contract negotiation, Project Work Plan (scope, fees, hours, schedule, budget, Quality Plan), negotiate terms and conditions, and final agreement/contract in conjunction with the project team, including the quality reviewer; vet contracts with BA legal as required
* Provide leadership to individuals within and outside Bergmann
* Plan, organize, and supervise the work and workload of project staff, which may include engineers, architects, designers and technicians
* Monitor project costs to ensure that project is delivered within budget, fulfills customer expectations, maintains profitability, and/or aligns with the company strategic objectives
* Market to new and existing clients for the purpose of obtaining additional business and meeting the company s specific strategic objectives
* Fulfill client manager role for clients in his/her own discipline and market for other disciplines
* Mentor Assistant Project Managers and Project Managers on all aspects of project management
* Review invoice charges for accuracy related to hours billed, coordinate customer billing and/or invoicing with Accounting Department, and follow up on outstanding invoices as needed
* Fulfill the role of Project Engineer/Architect/Planner/etc. as needed
* Coordinate with other contractors and/or in-house and outside design professionals on project; obtain and coordinate resources from other disciplines as needed
* Resolve all project related issues
* Support the leadership team with strategic, tactical, or administrative functions as requested
* Participate in professional associations, present technical papers, and/or be active board member
* Serve as primary client representative for Bergmann
* Provide direct supervision to staff, including timesheet review, goal setting, evaluation and professional development
* Assist in the recruitment process by identifying candidates for employment and/or participating in the hiring and selection process
* May manage a business sub-segment for a regional office
* Establish & maintain positive relationships with co-workers, support and build others on the team and across disciplines/offices
* Be responsive to others and share information to improve efficiency and help others achieve goals; listen and engage in productive and critical debate
* Suggest new ideas and processes; stay informed of developments in practice areas; view obstacles as opportunities
* Get to know clients and potential clients and make connections between others at Bergmann and clients, understand the client s needs, short and long term strategies continually working towards becoming a trusted advisor
* BS in structural engineering required, MS degree preferred
* 15+ yrs experience with waterway structures, locks, dams, hydropower and waterfront facility new design and rehabilitation projects.
* Experience with USACE, Canal Agencies and/or hydropower clients required
* NYS Professional Engineer
* Strong communication skills
* Business Development experience, plus.
* Proven ability to identify, pursue and win work
* Ability to work remotely with team members in other offices
This position has growth potential for a Principal or Practice Leader Position in the future!
For nearly four decades, Bergmann architects, engineers and planners have been delivering results to clients across the United States and Canada. This team of more than 400 professional and technical staff spans the Northeast, Midwest and Atlantic regions. Bergmann develops connections with partners and communities to create dynamic, creative solutions that will stand the test of time, while promoting environmental and functional sustainability. Projects in the Bergmann portfolio range from signature buildings and commercial developments to critical transportation infrastructure and community planning. For more information, visit www.bergmannpc.com. Bergmann is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet .
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.