Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
This position is contingent upon award of contract and subsequent task orders
What You'll Do:
* Work with customer and team members to refine project requirements and scope.
* Work with team of engineers to perform vulnerability testing and assessments of aircraft avionics systems.
* Design and develop real-time embedded software for avionics test beds within System Integration Laboratories (SILs) and related systems. Involves creating or adapting simulation models of avionics subsystems and interfaces to support avionics cyber testing.
* Design and develop custom tools for reverse engineering and vulnerability assessment.
* Provide leadership and guidance as needed on assigned projects.
* Perform full software life cycle functions including software/firmware requirements, architecture, design, code, test, integration and documentation.
* Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units/Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
* Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
* BS in Engineering or a related technical field is strongly preferred plus 5 or more years' related experience.
* Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
* Current Secret Clearance is required.
* Experience with military avionics, especially developing, integrating, and using avionics test systems, including experience with MIL-STD-1553B, ARINC 429, and/or Fibre Channel communications.
* Experience programming in C/C++, and/or other high level languages including knowledge of ADA and/or JOVIAL.