About AramarkAramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Summary: computes, classifies, records, and verifies numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records by performing the following duties:
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices, reports and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Audits invoices, researches discrepancies, and obtains approval for payment.
- Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Computes and records charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers.
- Extracts general ledger information.
- Compiles weekly and monthly operating reports, detailing and revenue, expenses and inventories.
- Transmits daily banking transactions.
- Monitors accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures.
- Reviews, balances, and interprets computer reports, and makes corrections.
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Language Skills Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills Must be proficient in MS Excel, MS Outlook, familiar with proprietary Accounting software