Do you like helping customers and partners solve tough technical problems? Do you have experience with managing large scale enterprise transformations and migrations? Do you want to be part of a team at Amazon Web Services (AWS) that’s helping partners and customers successfully migrate/implement IT solutions? Do you want to help launch a major strategic initiative for AWS and grow it globally?
As Technical Program Manager, Global Partners - Enterprise Transformation (Midwest/Central US), you will manage a large and strategic program to support enterprise customer transformations. You will lead and deliver on program executables such as: contracting, billing/funding, training management, tracking project schedules and quality, and aligning the GSIs to partner programs and competencies as needed.
This is an ideal role for someone who has experience working for a Global System Integrator (GSI), a large IT consulting firm, or a Fortune 1000 company coupled with working knowledge of AWS, Cloud Economics, Business Case Development, Large Program management and executive interactions. In this role, you will develop and support an Enterprise Transformation Program working with global partners. is a team effort - it requires the ability to lead, influence and coordinate with many stakeholders. If you are a problem solver with a broad program management skills, a solid technical breadth and have the ability to drive initiatives and cloud migration projects with GSIs - you will enjoy this role!
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Own the Technical Program Management of strategic deals and enterprise transformation between the partner, customer and AWS.
· Develop best practices, scalable mechanisms and repeatable processes on all aspects of the pre-sale, detailed design and post-sale of strategic deals and enterprise transformations.
· Program tracking and common project management principles (agile development and project management methods, e.g. SCRUM); mapping complex combinations of resources against objectives, track dependencies and risk, assess impact of change across interdependent workstreams and projects
· Experience working with global teams
· Collaborate with internal stakeholders and develop programs to enable the partners
· Tracking strategic deals metrics with the partners and provide visibility to the senior leadership team on a regular basis
· Lead and improve program operational & reporting procedures (activities, goals, funding, budgeting, etc.)
· Participate in workshops, design sessions and other program management activates to drive program adoption by the partner and customer
· Organize workshops and facilitate the sharing of knowledge across the customer, partner and AWS teams
· Work closely with Partner Development Managers, Solution Architects, AWS Professional Services and Account Team during the lifecycle of the Enterprise Transformation from ramp-up through delivery
· Travel up to 50 % (Post COVID-19 restrictions)
THIS ROLE IS ABLE TO SIT REMOTELY WITH A STRONG PREFERENCE FOR CANDIDATE LOCATED NEAR OR IN ONE THE FOLLOWING MIDWEST/CENTRAL CITIES SUCH AS CHICAGO, DETROIT, MINNEAPOLIS, DALLAS, HOUSTON, OR CLOSELY ALIGNED.
· 7+ years experience as a technical program/project manager with a track record of successful product/services delivery on large engagements.
· 7+ years experience leading complex cross-organizational projects and land them with on time and with high quality.
· 5+ years of program management experience in a related industry or segment.
· Technology Breadth: able to demonstrate knowledge in a range of technologies from cloud migration patterns, microservices, security/governance, devops and data analytics.
· BS level degree required, computer science, business or math background preferred.
· Prior experience with AWS as external partner using AWS in large-scale applications.
· 10+ year’s experience with complex projects and program management.
· Certifications and work procedures related to project management (ie program management tools, e.g. MSFT Project /Visual Studio, Jira, Confluence, Slack).
· Relevant industry certifications (possibly PMP, CSCP, CISSP, SANS/GIAC, CompTIA, Microsoft, Linux, Cisco).
· Broad technical knowledge of large-scale distributed systems, cloud-scale hardware and virtualization platforms.
· Experience working with/for Global Systems Integrators and knowing the market landscape.
· Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following: MCSA, MCSD, and/or MCSE.
· Able to solve organizational problems, articulate views/roadmaps for future development, and understand the interaction between infrastructure, operations, and development.
· Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences. Strong written skills, able to create complex narratives with a high level of quality.
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...