A proactive automation controls and technical support role for assigned fulfillment center operations, focusing on maximizing equipment reliability and operational performance of equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, and SCADA devices and programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate and plan work activities for the Control Systems Techs/Leads to accomplish goals and objectives of North America Customer Fulfillment teams.
2. Work closely with FC Operations, Operations Engineering, and FC Start up Team, AFT Software teams, ACES team, and Safety in supporting MHE systems optimization and project implementation.
3. Understand, maintain and troubleshoot material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
4. Monitor MHE metrics and partner with maintenance/operations for system performance issues and provide analysis across all FC's.
5. Act as first level escalation support for the Control Systems Techs/Leads, during and after business hours. Troubleshooting both locally and remotely along with repair activities on all hardware or controls software systems within the assigned buildings. Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation. Perform on call rotation for assigned buildings for off hours.
6. Mentor CSTs and CSLs within your assigned buildings.
7. Facilitate Failure Analysis and Incident Review processes and implement process improvements or retraining to avoid future incidents.
8. Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic systems to maximize building utilization of systems.
9. Perform, Utilize, and provide analysis FC System Assessments to assess material handling system performance.
10. Partner with FC Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building.
11. Utilize FC network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed.
12. Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team. Explain production impacts.
13. Assist with skill assessments for the Technical positions within NACF Maintenance teams.
14. Ability to handle flexible work load which may come from management or FC operations.
Bachelors degree in Electrical/Controls/Mechatronics Engineering or related field with 2-5 years experience and/or 2+ years of Amazon Automation/Controls experience.
Ability to lead others in a technical role and interact with all levels of management.
Advanced understanding of electrical theory, Robotics, Controls components, automated equipment and proven experience on record.
Advanced knowledge on programming software such as RSLogix5000 studio, FT View, and other controls software platforms.
Advanced knowledge of Robotics work cells and its control systems.
Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, fully program, and design HMI components
Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and fully program control network components.
Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components.
Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems.
Understand Warehouse Management System Software Concepts and messaging protocols.
Understand Warehouse control systems concepts and messaging protocols.
Ability to manage and execute projects assigned.
Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills.
Ability to interpret, modify, and develop drawings both mechanical and electrical.
Ability to identify, maintain, and utilize SCADA systems and KPI's.
Ability to train others with lesser skills
Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others.
Ability to travel up to 70%
Bachelors degree in Electrical/Controls/Mechatronics Engineering or related field.
Systems controls design or programming experience
Systems integration experience
Field service engineering experience
Systems trainer or training experience
Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems
Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills
Proven history of remote technical phone support
Experience with advanced automation controls systems
Experience with industrial robotics
Experience with ASRS systems
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, maintain, maintenance, network, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician