Sr. User Experience Researcher
Employment Type: Full-Time
Want to transform the way people enjoy music? Come join the team that made Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, Live radio and more available to Alexa customers.
The Sr. User Experience Researcher is responsible for bringing customer insights into every phase of the product development process, ensuring we have the customer data we need to delight users throughout their information seeking experience. He/she is responsible for looking across information areas (weather, traffic, local, movies, arts, living, business, sports, and more), helping set a vision for Alexa Music as a whole as well as deep diving into individual content areas research.
Our research work ranges from formative to evaluative studies, immersive field research to rigorous usability and lab studies, to data analytics. You should have broad skills in user research, product research, and design research methods and a thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative research concepts.
· Create a deep understanding and empathy for our target customers through field research, surveys, personas, lab studies, and other methods (existing or invented) that you identify to be most effective.
· Work closely with product and design teams to identify research topics, and build a research roadmap; communicate and refresh on a regular basis to ensure relevancy.
· Ability to synthesize findings and make design/product recommendations.
· Ability to create research roadmaps that impact product lifecycles using a variety of appropriate techniques.
· Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
· Ability to develop metrics that appropriately reflect the user experience quality of a feature, product or system.
· Understand different data types from different sources and perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings.
· Work cross-functionally with design, product management, engineering, and marketing to communicate results and recommendations, and advocate on behalf of our customers.
· Graduate degree in Human Factors, HCDE, or Cognitive Psychology.
· A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g.: study plans, reports).
· The ability to understand, analyze and interpret complicated data
· The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects across functional teams, including engineering, merchandising, design, marketing, finance, and operations.
· Demonstrated thought-leadership with a passion for translating data into action.
· Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics.
· Experience in multimodal systems design research.
· A thorough understanding of the relationship between business, technology and user experience and role of user research.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Loading some great jobs for you...