Amazon.com Services, Inc. is looking for a motivated individual with strong analytical skills and practical experience to join our Modeling and Optimization team. We are hiring specialists at all levels into our scientific team with expertise in network and combinatorial optimization, simulation-based design, and/or control theory.
Amazon is growing rapidly and because we are driven by faster delivery to customers, a more efficient supply chain network, and lower cost of operations, our main focus is in the development of analytical strategic models and automation tools fed by massive amounts of data. You will be responsible for building these models/tools that improve the economics of Amazon’s worldwide fulfillment networks in North America, Europe, and Japan, China, and India as Amazon increases the speed and decreases the cost to deliver products to customers. You will identify and evaluate opportunities to reduce variable costs by improving fulfillment center processes, transportation operations and scheduling, and the execution to operational plans. You will also improve the efficiency of capital investment by helping the fulfillment centers to improve storage utilization and the effective use of automation. Finally, you will help create the metrics to quantify improvements to the fulfillment costs (e.g., transportation and labor costs) resulting from the application of these optimization models and tools.
The ideal candidate will have good communication skills with both technical and business people with ability to speak at a level appropriate for the audience.
* Ph.D. in Operations Research, Transportation Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or related field OR Masters Degree plus 10 years of industry experience
* Experience in simulation involving large data sets, or simulation-based design and model-based engineering, using analytical and simulation-based techniques to solve real world business problems.
* Experience developing optimization models for business decisions
* Experience writing scripts (Perl, Python, Ruby) to manipulate data and developing software in traditional programming languages (C/C++, Java).
* Ph.D and at least 3-5 years work experience working as a member of an analysis team in the transportation or closely related field.
* Practical experience developing large-scale decision support tools based on simulation and/or optimization technology (e.g., LP, MIP, MINLP, NLP, etc...) for planning and execution support (e.g., staff scheduling, vehicle routing, facility location)
* Familiarity with data visualization (e.g. Matlab, R, ggplot, ggobi, Tableau)
* Familiarity with forecasting and time series analysis
* Familiarity with machine learning techniques and technologies
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...