Language Program Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
We here at AWS are building the speech and language solutions behind several Amazon products and services. We are working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us! Amazon is looking for a Language Quality Manager to join our data engineering team in the area of speech and language data processing. We are seeking a candidate with strong analytical skills and language technology experience to help us measure, analyze and solve complex problems. In this role, you will help define linguistic quality management methodology, monitor the alignment of conventions across workflows and maintain high accuracy and throughput standards across the teams.
Specifically, the Language Quality Manager will:
Provide expert support for a growing number of conventions regarding language data processing and analysis.
Collaborate with Language Engineers, Data Specialists and other stakeholders located in geographically diverse locations to develop guidelines and maintain consistency and quality of the data across workflows.
Identify language specific knowledge gaps through quality checks and propose specific actions of improvement based on findings.
Handle unique data analysis and high priority requests from a range of data customers.
Set the standard for efficiency and accuracy for data analysis among the team.
· Master's degree in Linguistics or other relevant field.
· Excellent proficiency in English, both spoken and written.
· Native-level proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Portuguese, French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Russian.
· Experience in a training and quality assurance role.
· Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs.
· Familiarity with standardizing guidelines.
· PhD in Linguistics or other relevant field.
· Experience working with language data, including experience with annotation and other forms of data markup.
· Experience working with a globally-distributed management organization.
· Experience taking a lead role on large, fast-moving projects.
· Excellent communication, strong organizational skills and very detail-oriented.
· Willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept reprioritization as necessary.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Loading some great jobs for you...