Sr. Software Engineer - AI NLU
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Software Engineer - Amazon Alexa Machine Learning Team - Kendall Square..
All-New Amazon Echo
Interested in delivering Natural Language Understanding (NLU) engineering solutions for Alexa working closely with a team of scientists in the Machine Learning (ML) space? The Amazon Alexa NLU team is a group of scientists and software engineers working on natural language solutions that push the envelope in the NLU space, in order to revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon’s products and services. Products such as Amazon Echo, Echo Show, and Fire TV are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and deploying distributed machine learning systems and large-scale data mining solutions for natural language understanding (NLU). You will collaborate closely with a team of speech and machine learning scientists to influence our overall strategy, and define the team’s road map. You will also drive the system architecture, spearhead best practices that enable a quality product, and help coach and develop junior engineers.
A successful candidate will have an established background in engineering large scale software systems, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
· Lead the development and maintenance of key Machine Learning systems and infrastructure for NLU in Alexa; deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
· Actively participate in defining strategy, roadmaps and architecture for the team’s products
· Work with other team members to investigate best design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
· Mentor and help develop junior engineers, and demonstrate best development practices
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 5+ years of industry experience
· Programming experience in at least one language (e.g., Java, Python, C/C++)
· Experience with machine learning, big data or large scale distributed systems for commercial online services
· Advanced degree (MS, PhD)
· Strong sense of ownership, customer obsession, and drive
· Experience developing machine learning software and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
· Experience in data modeling and analysis, especially with distinctive data sources
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but are necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Exhibits excellent judgment
· Hires and develops great people
· Holds relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
· Demonstrates the ability to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
· Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
· Shows passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
· Biases towards delivering results
· Thinks big
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Tags: Amazon, Amazon Alexa Echo, IoT, Internet of Things, Java, Java, Java, C++, C++, C, cloud, cloud, machine learning, machine learning, speech recognition, speech recognition, distributed systems, big data, big data, computer vision, CV, NLU, natural language understanding, automatic speech recognition, ASR, AWS, Amazon Web Services, large scale distributed file systems, Boston jobs at Amazon, Boston Massachusetts, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 02142, senior software development engineer, senior software engineer, principal software engineer, MTS
Loading some great jobs for you...