SDE II, Sustainability Technology
Employment Type: Full-Time
Amazon’s World-Wide Sustainability Team is looking for a Software Development Engineer to build sustainable experiences for customers at Amazon speed and scale. As the world’s most customer-centric company, with customers including consumers, sellers, manufactures, regulatory agencies, and shippers world-wide, Amazon has the combination of opportunity, passion, and resources to build the next generation of industry-leading solutions using a wide range of data-driven and intelligent technological and business capabilities.
As a Software Development Engineer you will work with a team of highly skilled software, data, and test engineers to invent, design, and build highly stable and performant software. You will work with your internal customers to balance customer requirements with team requirements and help your team and business evolve. You will collaborate with leaders of partner teams developing our social responsibility and product compliance systems. A successful candidate will thrive in and help lead fast-paced environments that leverage agile planning techniques, encourage and reward creative design and intelligent risk taking, and find innovative ways to leverage cutting edge technology. And of course, a demonstrated passion for sustainability doesn’t hurt!
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years of technical software development experience in a related industry
· Experience in at least one modern programming language
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experienced driving ambiguous problem areas in existing or new software initiatives
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Experience developing and delivering on large-scale, cross-functional technical programs in support of business goals
· Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software, and processes through data analysis and metrics
· Experience architecting a solution on top of Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and making them more effective software engineers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Loading some great jobs for you...