ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The Organic Extraction Technician will be responsible for preparation of environmental samples for analysis. Organic extractions and concentration of soil and water samples will be required. Perform required duties according to published methodologies and established laboratory procedures .
The Technician will successfully manage the following responsibilities:
- Perform all duties associated with the preparation of samples for organic analysis;
- Maintain complete documentation of all preparatory procedures according to established requirements;
- Perform all work within established quality control parameters and within specified turnaround times;
- Perform gravimetric determinations;
- Assist with preparation of analytical standards, reagents, and solutions;
- Maintain safe working conditions and a clean, orderly work area at all times;
- Follow SOP's and methodologies without deviation;
- Exercise laboratory safety practices;
- Produce quality data;
- Strong commitment to quality and integrity;
- May be asked to assist with glassware cleaning and sample disposal tasks;
- Other duties as assigned.
A qualified candidate must have the following abilities:
- Good Windows-based computer skills are a necessity;
- Must be able to comprehend and follow written instructions, methodologies, procedures, protocols, and policies without deviation;
- Must be able to recognize unsatisfactory analytical performance and suggest appropriate corrective actions;
- Must be able to monitor and prioritize daily work assignments without supervision using laboratory computer-based sample tracking systems;
- Must have a strong commitment to ensuring all work is completed within prescribed deadlines;
- Must be able to initiate corrective action without prompting and assist co-workers whenever necessary in order to meet deadlines;
- Must be able to effectively perform duties under pressures arising from large sample volumes and short turn-around times;
- Must be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision and also to work effectively as a team member with subordinates, peers, and supervisors;
- Diligent work ethic and the ability to work independently;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details;
- High energy level, confidence and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- BS Degree in a scientific discipline or 2 to 4 years of organic extractions laboratory experience;
- Working knowledge of computer software.
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while working;
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with co-workers and managers;
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle glassware;
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment;
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS buALSnly candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
\"ALS isALSoud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society\"
ALS isALSVEVRAAVEVRAAal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA LFMLAoster
Click Here to view the EPPA LEPPAoster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
Associated topics: boilermaker, construction, construction technician, extraction, fitter, heat treat, operation, technician, underground, welder