We currently have an IMMEDIATE opening for a highly self-motivated person with a proven track record in sales, to join our LAWTON, OK TEAM as an ACCOUNT MANAGER (OUTSIDE SALES).
The Account Manager is responsible for managing the sales process and driving profitable sales growth within an assigned sales territory to both existing and new Airgas customers. Account Manager drive corporate and regional objectives for profitable sales growth, A/R management, and customer retention within their assigned territory. Our Account Managers sell industrial, medical, and specialty gases and equipment, welding products and equipment, tools and hardware and safety products. Account Managers advises customer on available safety supplies, welding products, and processes to follow to complete the customer's tasks and get the job done safely and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Travels throughout assigned territory to call on existing accounts, focusing on customer retention and growing existing accounts.
* Recognizes and expands opportunities at existing customers bringing solutions and value to customers.
* Submits sales activity report, including weekly itineraries and other reports as requested, to District Manager on a regular schedule.
* Completes and submits sales-related paperwork, including call reports, cylinder audits, month-end reports, expense reports, mileage reports, etc., accurately and in a timely manner.
* Acts as liaison between customer and company with regard to pricing, products, delivery information, payments, service, and inquiries.
* Ensures that customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up as necessary.
* Actively pursues and acquires, on an on-going basis, new and competitive accounts and compiles lists of prospective customers for the District Manager to use as sales leads.
* Prequalifies possible business leads to District Managers.
* Maintain and upgrade selling skills and technical/product knowledge for all Airgas products and processes.
* Displays or demonstrates products to customers and emphasizes specialty features and supports and implements marketing plans, promotions and new product launches
* Lead and promote safety; organize safety meetings and strictly enforce safety rules.
* Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by Airgas Inc., State and Federal agencies.
* Ensure any injury or accident is reported immediately and investigated promptly.
* Perform mathematical calculations.
* Represents Airgas Inc. in a professional and dignified manner at all times
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in professional sales
* Minimum of 3 years' experience using the Microsoft Office Suite of, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
* Must have reliable transportation to travel to customer sites.
* Must have a valid driver's license
* SAP Experience
* 3 years' experience in the welding industry
* 5 years' experience in outside sales
* Associate's degree (A.A. or A.S.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Bachelor's Degree
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position requires travel approximately 70% of the time, mostly within the area and by personal vehicle.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.